The Rules of 2015 World Mathematics Team Championship
(1) Team formation: A team can participate as a country, a region, a city, or as an educational institution such as a school. We will not accept registration for any person as an individual.
such as a school. We will not accept registration for any person as an individual.
(2) Team members: Each team must consist of 6 students plus one team leader.
2. Group Divisions
Junior Level – For participants under 12 years old.
Intermediate Level – For participants under 15 years old.
Advanced Level – For participants under 20 years old and registered in a highschool as student.
Younger participants may participate in higher level.
3. Scoring and Rules
Team: 40 minutes to solve 20 problems, 5 points per problem, total 100 points.
(1) Discussion is allowed. Each team submits one answer sheet.
(2) Points count toward team score equal to the total score of the team round.
Individual: 10 minutes each round for 3 rounds.
(1) Round 1 – 8 simple level problems, 2 points each, total 16 points
(2) Round 2 – 4 medium level problems, 4 points each, total 16 points.
(3) Round 3 – 2 problems each round, 8 points each, total 16 points.
(4) Points count toward team score equal to the average score of 6 members in a team.
Relays: Each team divides into 3 groups of 2 individuals per group.
(1) 8 minutes each round for 3 rounds.
(2) Each round has 2 problems per set for each group to do relays.
(3) No discussion allowed between the groups or persons.
(4) 5-minute answers worth 20 points, 8-minute answers worth 15 points.
(5) A total possible point for each group is 60.
(6) Points count toward team score equal to the average score of 3 groups in a team.
Language: Chinese & English
Electronic devices such as phones, calculator or computers (including microcomputers) will not be allowed during any of the above rounds.
Group Awards: (1) Each team’s final score is summed up by Team, Relay and Individual scores. (2) In each division, the top 1/3 of the teams are ranked. These teams will receive WMTC Group Trophies and each team members will receive a gold medal and a certificate.(3) The other 1/3 of each division that didn’t make it in the top 1/3 rank will be awarded for WMTC medal.
Individual Awards: (1) In each division, the top 10% scoring individuals receive gold medals and certificates, the next 20% scoring individuals receive silver medals and certificates, the next 30% scoring individuals receive bronze medals and certificates, and the next 40% scoring individuals receive merit medals and certificates.(2) Individuals are also ranked by their scores. Each of the top three scoring individuals in each division will receive a special trophy and a scholarship to honor his/her ranking.