- (2) To cultivate the spirit of team work and cooperation among youths.
- (3) To promote communication and cooperation among mathematicians and mathematics educators from around the globe and to help advance the development of mathematics education.
- from around the globe and to help advance the development of mathematics education.
- (4) To cultivate the youth’s interest in mathematics and improve their thinking abilities.
Date: November 23- 27, 2016
Location: Beijing, China
Schedule: November 23 – All Day: Registration Registration
November 24 – Morning: 9:00 am – 11:00 am Team Leaders/Coaches/Proctors meeting
Afternoon: 1:00 pm – 1:30 pm Opening Ceremony
1:50 pm – 2:30 pm Individual Round
2:40 pm – 3:10 pm Relay Round
3:40 pm – 4:20 pm Team Round
4:30 pm – 6:30 pm Grading
Evening: 7:30 pm – 10:00 pm Lecture from Honored Guest and activities
November 25 – All Day: Beijing Sightseeing
Evening: 8:00 pm – 9:00 pm Organizing Committee Meeting
November 26 – All Day: Beijing Sightseeing
Evening: 7:00 pm – 9:00 pm Award Ceremony
November 27 – Depart for Home
For teams that are coming from long distance away, they may arrive before November 25or
depart after November 29. We will assist in arranging for hotel rooms for them at their own expenses.
- 3.Group Divisions
Junior Level – For participants under 12 years old.Younger participants may participate in higher level.
Intermediate Level – For participants under 15 years old.
Advanced Level – For participants under 20 years old and registered in a highschool as student.
Team Awards: In each division, the top 1/3 of the teams are ranked and get trophies and each of the teamindividuals get silver medals, the next 30% scoring individuals get bronze medals, and the next 40% scoring
members gets a gold medal and a certificate. The other 2/3 teams get participation awards.
Individual Awards: In each division, the top 10% scoring individuals get gold medals, the next 20% scoring
- individuals get merit medals. Each individual gets a corresponding certificate. Individuals are also ranked by
- scores and each of the top three scoring individuals in each division gets a special trophy and a scholarship
- to honor his/her ranking.
(1) Team formation: A team can participate as a country, a region, a city, or as an educational institution
such as a school. We will not accept registration for any person as an individual.
(2) Team members: Each team consists of 6 students plus one team leader.
- 6.Scoring and Rules
Individual: 10 minutes each round for 3 rounds
Rounds 1 –14 problems each round, 2 points per problem, total 28 points
Rounds 2 – 4problems each round, 4 points per problem, total 16 points
Rounds 3 – 2problems each round, 8points per problem, total 16 points
Points count toward team score equal to the average score of 6 members in a team
Relays: Each team divides into 3 groups with 2 persons in each group
8 minutes each round for 3 rounds
Each round has 2 problems as a set for each group to do relays
For each set, only the answer from the second member of the relays group will be counted
5-minute answers worth 20 points, 8-minute answers worth 15 points
Total possible points for each group is 60
Points count toward team score equal to the average score of 3 groups in a team
Team: 40 minutes to solve 20 problems, 5 points per problem, total 100 points.
Discussion is allowed. Each team submits one answer sheet.
Points count toward team score equal to the total score of the team round.
Language: Chinese & English
Electronic devices such as calculator or computer (including microcomputer) will not be allowed
during any of the above rounds.
(1) Registration fee is US$75 per team member or alternate.
(2) Expense cost is US$480 per team member. This fee pays for each team member’s meals for 5 days, 4 nights of hotel rooms, transportation (including airport pick up and drop off), sightseeing tours, certificates, medals, trophies, souvenirs, etc. This fee will be charged when the team members arrive in Beijing for registration.
(3) For every full team with 6 participants, one team leader will not be charged for the expense cost.
alternatives, another full team registration fee will be charged.
- (1) Download the registration form from the official website of WMTC: www.wmtc-math.net. Send the completed registration form through e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- (2) The committee of WMTC will send the invitation letter to participating teams after we confirm the teams have decided to participate.
- From the 1st WMTC (2010) to 7th WMTC (2016), the championships are always held in Beijing China by the committee of WMTC. In order to make the championship a more internationally involved event, the committee has made the following decision:
- Every country (or region) will be able to apply for the host of the 8th WMTC 2017. Applications will be validated after the committee’s discussion. Application ends at: September 16, 2016.
The 7th World Mathematics Team Championship 2016, Beijing China Announcement
1. Chinese Society of Optimization, Overall Planning and Economical Mathematics
2. Chinese Society of Optimization, Overall Planning and Economical Mathematics, Committee of Mathematics Education
3. The World of Mathematics and Physics Journal
4. The Committee of Hope Cup Mathematics Competition
5. WMTC Committee
(1) To strengthen the understanding and communication among youths from different regions and to help them foster friendships around the world.
9. The 8th WMTC 2017 Host Country And Location
86-10-69795937 ext 4